Wednesday, July 8, 2015

come with me

Come so we could see this place.
This place that gave birth to our dreams.
There are no dreams,
there are only valid dreams,
inspirations from the echoes of our ancestors,
Hopes eternal from God,
reverberations of strength,
that remind men of this conscious flow.
Come along this path,
this path of solitude,
where man discovers who he is,
where sinew's of thought are tapped.
Once when i walked along this path-alone,
i thought it was a mirage,
Then i heard a voice-and then a lush
I thought it was the flow of the stream besides
I teetered,
then i trembled,
And then an affirmation,
like the one you get from one who knows you well.
Come with me!
There was an urgency in his voice.
I heeded the call,
stepped forward to where the call emanated,
And followed.
From then on i just followed-no questioning.
Apart from an occasional sigh from my stranger friend,
nothing much passed between us-and i just followed.
And just like the way he appeared-he vanished all at once,
but not before saying thank you,
for agreeing to go along with him,
as he said in his own words- 'On a rough stretch in his life'
I went home that night,
and slept like a child,
peace enveloped-I had walked with an angel,
without knowing neither his authority nor his status.
Come along with me.









No comments:

Post a Comment