Thursday, June 4, 2015

The alien

Someone says i am an alien
a legal alien
one with a right to state and stay
Am from the wider circle.
I stay at the periphery of confinement.
Many say i don't belong
to the culture of my people.


So even though i have forgotten my native language
and i live among the custom less people of the city
i still have my roots,
where the chord was buried.
so don't call me an alien
because i don't sit under the mugumo tree
to give decrees in a kangaroo court.

Yet,i don't despise your ways.
it is the mental confinement i hate
i hate the procedure-and the rules
because they limit me.
i know these customs make you rich.
i know it has stabilized generations

So go on with the practices,
if only to shape the river waters,
so they wont break the banks.
Allow me to scout the world
and tell all about our people
these who are undefeatable under God.
These whose spears harm from far,
If only to defend the sacred creed
Hidden under the Mugumo tree
where slaughter and ritual took place.
So am not an alien,
I am one among you
whose horizons reach farther afield




No comments:

Post a Comment