Tuesday, December 15, 2015

The Fairer State

Watch out for the spirit that ensnares as it lies
for the soft velvet touch of its airy wings
is worse than a cobras venom..

If i tell you of my hopes for an uncertain tomorrow,
Believe me i see every reason to lay down my timid soul ,
For a bold  endevor.
It may be that its not for honour
that i do what i do.
Its not for fame either that i try to rewrite this scribe again and again,
But i think that within my finite years under the scorching sun,
I might light the flame of another that burns a lifetime.
If  a fool gains insight,
And a proud man sheds his ego for a fairer state,
If a man,bowed down under the weight of life's pressures,
Straitens up to fight another day,
And in the evils place plants  a sturdy alternative,
Then even if the world closes,
Even if it folds with you and me,
None better and none worse,
with no loser and no winner but all equal under God,
I think 't would be a finite happy ending,
Out of a world with an insatiable desire to make graves of men.

No comments:

Post a Comment